As the Data User we have prepared this privacy notice to inform you in accordance with the requirements of the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO) about the nature, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data in relation to the services we offer on our website.
'Personal data' means any data relating directly or indirectly to a living individual; from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained; and in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable;
'Processing' in relation to personal data, includes amending, augmenting, deleting or rearranging the data, whether by automated means or otherwise;
'Data User' in relation to personal data, means a person who, either alone or jointly or in common with other persons, controls the collection, holding, processing or use of the data;
'Recipient' means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not.
II. General Information
1. The Data User
WEVO Chemical (Asia-Pacific) Limited
Room D, 7/F
77-91 Queen's Road West
Telephone: +852 36 95 51 52
2. Contact details of the Group Data Protection Officer
3. Legal bases
We process personal data based on at least one of the following legal bases:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
4. Onward transfer of personal data
We forward personal data to recipients (data processors or other third parties) only to the extent required and only if one of the subsequent conditions are met:
- the data subject has consented to the data transfer;
- the onward transfer is required to fulfil a contractual obligation or pre-contractual measure on the request of the data subject;
- we are obliged by law to make such a transfer;
- The onward transfer is made on the basis of our legitimate interest or those of a third party.
5. Third countries
To process enquiries from data subjects, it may be necessary to transfer personal data to recipients, such as other group members and the WEVO head office, which are located outside Hong Kong. The transfer of personal data to a third country is subject to legal or contractual permission in accordance with the provisions under Art. 33 PDPO. The recipients are either located in countries recognized to provide an adequate level of data protection or, to the extent your personal data are transferred to countries that do not provide such guarantees, we will base the respective transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
6. Rights of data subjects
As a data subject you have the following rights:
- under Art. 18 PDPO to request information about your personal data processed by us and a copy of the personal data processed;
- under Art. 22 PDPO to demand the correction of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data which is stored by us completed;
- under Art. 35G PDPO to withdraw your consent given to us (opt-out) to use your personal data in direct marketing. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue to process the data that was based on this consent in the future;
- under Art. 37 PDPO to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data. The Commissioner can be contacted on this website: https://www.pcpd.org.hk/index.html.
If you wish to assert the data subject rights mentioned above, you can contact us or our Group Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details above.
7. Erasure and restriction of personal data
Unless otherwise provided for in this privacy notice, personal data will be deleted in accordance with Art. 26 PDPO, if this data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and the deletion does not conflict with statutory retention requirements. Personal data will not be erased, if any such erasure is prohibited under any law or it is in the public interest (including historical interest) for the data not to be erased, In this case we will restrict the processing of this data.
III. Individual processing operations when you visit our website
In order to make our website available, we use services provided by hosting companies, such as: Provision of web servers, disk space, database services, and security or maintenance services. Here we, or our hosting providers, process personal data of website visitors based on our legitimate interests in providing efficient and secure access to our website.
No cookies are used on our website.
3. Access data and log files
By visiting our website or its individual pages, your device’s internet browser automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored in so-called log files by us or our hosting provider and will be deleted after 6 Months at the latest.
The following information is stored:
- IP address of the requesting computer;
- Date and time of access;
- Name and URL of the requested file;
- Website from which our site was accessed (Referrer-URL);
- The browser used and your computer’s operating system;
- Status codes and the transferred amount of data;
- Name of your access providers.
This data will be used for the following purposes:
- The provision of our website, including all of its features and contents;
- To ensure a smooth connection to our website;
- To ensure a more user-friendly experience on our website;
- To ensure system security and stability;
- For anonymised statistical evaluation of website access;
- To optimise our website;
- For disclosure to law enforcement authorities in the event of unlawful interference / attacks on our systems;
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest. Under no circumstances will we use the personal data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about a person.
4. General means of contact
If you contact us using the contact details published on our website (for example, by e-mail) and in this context provide us with personal data, we will use this data to process your request, if related to the performance of a contract or is required to perform pre-contractual action. In all other cases, processing is based on your consent and / or our legitimate interest in the effective processing of requests addressed to us. We will store your personal data until you ask us for deletion, revoke your consent to the storage, or the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected (for example, after completion of your request). Mandatory statutory provisions - especially retention periods - remain thereof unaffected.
5. Direct marketing to customers
If you are interested in our products or services or you are an existing customer and we have received your e-mail address in connection with the sale of goods or services, we may use your name, contact details and e-mail address for the direct marketing of our own similar goods or services. This applies if you have given your consent or you have not objected and we clearly and unequivocally have advised you of the possibility of objection at the time of collecting your personal data, and every time we use it thereafter. We will store the personal data until you opt-out from direct marketing.
6. Statistics and analytics with etracker