In LED lighting, Wevo’s transparent casting compounds are used to protect the LEDs against mechanical damage and other environmental factors such as wet or cold weather and UV radiation.
In addition, Wevo casting compounds reliably protect LED drivers for a period of several years against electrical breakdown and – in outdoor applications – against the impact of atmospheric conditions and UV radiation.
- Flame-retardant properties in accordance with UL 94 V-0
- Good flow characteristics
- Wide choice of colours
- No yellowing
- Good adhesion
- Resistant to hydrolysis
- Water repellent
- Free from volatile organic compounds
- Effective protection against foreign bodies
- Good weathering and UV resistance
- Oil resistant
- Good thermal shock characteristics
LEDs are low-voltage light sources that require a constant electrical current. This current is controlled by an LED driver which provides the appropriate voltage. Wevo’s casting compounds provide waterproof sealing to protect drivers used outdoors, such as in street lights. Their thermal properties and resistance to fire also protect components in all driver types from thermal loads and malfunctions.